Announcements and Important Events
Catholic Central Athletics
319 Sheldon Blvd. SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
CC SPORTS PHYSICAL POLICY (2021/2022)
The MHSAA requires that a sports physical be completed on or after April 15th of the current year, to be acceptable for sports participation in the following school year. The MHSAA does not take into consideration personal insurance calendar years.
For the 2021/2022 school year a sports physical must be completed on or after April 15, 2021.
- A student can only be cleared for sports participation by the CC Athletic Office, who must have a completed/cleared sports physical on file for all athletes participating in sports.
- Sports physicals can be submitted by scanned email to firstname.lastname@example.org and mailed or delivered in person to the CC Athletic Office. Contact the athletic office for summer office hour availability.
MHSAA Sports Physical Forms Available:
- In the CC Athletic Office (north end of gym lobby) and the High School Main Office
- At www.CatholicCentralSports.com under “FORMS” tab, or use the link below:
- Before turning your sports physical in to the Athletic Office, confirm all information is complete and all signatures are present.
- Students should not turn their physicals into a coach. Coaches are not authorized to accept or collect physicals, and they cannot clear students for sports participation. If a physical is not on file in the Athletic Office, that student is not cleared to participate under MHSAA requirements.
Head coaches are continually provided with updated “Cleared” and “Incomplete” physical lists, which they use to confirm each student’s eligibility or ineligibility to participate in sports.
- If a student’s name is not appearing on either the “Cleared” or “Incomplete” list, they have no sports physical turned in and they are not eligible for participation until a physical is submitted and verified complete.
- If a student’s name appears on the “Incomplete” list, there is an issue with the sports physical they submitted, which must be addressed before they can be cleared for participation (contact Lori Bailey directly).