Boys Varsity Basketball
Game Summaries & Headlines.
2020/2021 - BOYS BASKETBALL TRYOUT INFORMATION
***PHYSICAL INFORMATION*** - Send your son's sports physical information to loribailey@
- After this Friday, basketball is officially in a dead period for 2 weeks prior to the season. We are not allowed to host open gyms in those 2 weeks.
- Freshmen/JV tryouts will be November 16, 17, and 18 from 5:30-7:30 pm in the downtown gym.
- Varsity tryouts will be November 16, 17, and 18 from 3:15-5:15 pm in the downtown gym.
- If you are a fall sport athlete still competing on a team, you must finish that season before coming to basketball tryouts. When your season is finished, please report to the next practice and then you will have a tryout for a spot on the team.
- Please bring a reversible practice jersey with you. Colors don’t matter as long as one side is white. If you don’t have a reversible jersey, please bring a dark and light t-shirt each night.
- Tryouts and practices are closed to parents or friends watching, and the buildings are closed to parents, grandparents, or siblings entering to pick you up now because of Covid. Please remind all of this.
- The tryout will consist of assessing your skill level, condition, position, work ethic, how you play in game settings, and how coachable you are. Coaches will meet with each player individually on the 3rd day to personally let you know if you’ve made the team, what you did well during the tryouts, and what you can work on to improve your game.
- Coaches from all 3 levels will be there working with players and assessing players during tryouts.
- Per the new Covid rules and regulations, you will need to be masked up during the entire tryout and while entering/exiting the building. Coaches and trainers will also be masked up.
- Bring your own water bottle.
- Especially with the weather being warmer right now, I recommend throwing on some sweats and a winter hat and going for a few runs before tryouts. 3 miles is a good distance to prepare for the running you will be doing in a 2-hour practice.
TJ Meerman | Student Support Services | Boys Basketball Coach
Catholic Central High School
319 Sheldon Plaza SE | Grand Rapids, MI 49503
p 616-233-5826| f 616-459-0257